Senior UX Designer
We are Delvinia, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at King and Peter streets. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing technology firms as recognized by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 program for the last three consecutive years. We specialize in consumer research data collection and research automation, through our automation platform: Methodify!
We are dedicated to providing researchers and insight professionals the ability to quickly gather and deliver high quality information about Canadian consumers.
Our team believes in delving in and digging deep. Passion, patience, perseverance, perspective and people are our core values. We promote a culture of openness, authenticity and trust. We believe in being accountable, being committed to ongoing learning, and demonstrating excellence and leadership in all that we do. We consider ourselves to be a pretty formidable team with a close-knit work environment and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team to support the advancement and successful commercialization of Methodify (an automated market research platform). We work in an agile environment, and often collaborate in cross-functional teams to solve challenging problems.
- Identify UX problems, and devise design solutions or manage the implementation of solutions
- Take a user-centered design approach to researching, sketching ideas, prototyping and testing user experiences
- Collaborate with others (designers, developers, product team) to help implement the product vision
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Hand off deliverables to developers to implement designs, and communicating acceptance criteria
- Iterate designs and help manage the UX as feedback shapes the platform in an agile way
- Three or more years of design experience
- Demonstrable strong UI design skills through a portfolio of previous examples
- Experience collaborating with other designers
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, testing, rapid prototyping, and usability concerns.
- Understanding of Accessibility (WCAG) and inclusive design practices
- Ability to effectively communicate design decisions and processes
- Proficiency in a UI design tool, such as Figma or Sketch
- Passion about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Extra points for:
- Designed a product or full user experience from zero to launch
- Development experience (especially front-end)
- Experience creating design systems and/or knowledge of Atomic Design
- Knowledge of industry trends and design best practices
- Experience with Figma and Jira
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up to the challenge, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications as outlined in a cover letter, resume and link to an online portfolio.
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
Delvinia is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.
Delvinia is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Should you require additional accommodations to participate in our process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, or to obtain additional information.