Careers at Delvinia
Senior Full Stack Developer
Delvinia is currently seeking two (2) Sr. Full Stack Developers
Our team is transforming the way organizations collect consumer data. We are challenging the status quo in the research and marketing industries by applying new technologies in innovative ways, enabling companies to gain valuable insights – which, we believe, leads to better and more-informed business decisions.
At Delvinia, we own and operate a portfolio of innovative companies that offer a range of data collection services to marketers and market researchers across Canada, throughout North America, and around the globe.
Our AskingCanadians online data collection company provides access to an online research community or more than one million Canadians who have opted in to share their opinions; AskingAmericans provides a variety of data collection services in the US market; Delvinia Custom Solutions uses new and emerging technologies to help clients collect, visualize and enable data; and Methodify, our research automation company, provides the ability to gain customer insights through our one-of-a-kind online platform in a matter of hours.
Our team believes in delving in and digging deep. Passion, patience, perseverance, perspective and people are our core values. We promote a culture of openness, authenticity and trust. We believe in being accountable, being committed to ongoing learning, and demonstrating excellence and leadership in all that we do. We consider ourselves to be a pretty formidable team with a close-knit work environment and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are looking for someone that can join our Development Team and hit the ground running. As a member of our development and innovation team you will;
- Serve as a technical expert.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs.
- Evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Offer technical support for upcoming product releases, including but not limited to, bug fixes and upgrades.
- Act as a resource of knowledge, bringing to the table different ways of doing things.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently and effectively.
- Be accountable for project results along with the assigned project team.
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle as they arise.
- Contribute ideas to improve company processes.
- Review existing code to find efficiencies and/or alternative solutions.
Our ideal candidate has 5-10 years of experience developing and maintaining data-driven web applications. In addition, we are looking for talented individuals who have;
- Experience in Full-Stack development.
- Experience with a wide variety of environments and architectures.
- Knowledge of data modeling, database design, procedures and data querying.
- A good working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Worked within various SDLC processes with aggressive schedules.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to interface closely with operations and management.
- The ability to evaluate, document and translate requirements into technical designs.
- Are able to independently improve/create modules that conform to an existing application framework.
- An ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience with implementing, configuring and developing web services.
- Experience with MySQL / Microsoft SQL-Server or related relational database systems.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, especially as related to web technologies.
- Experience working with versioning and tracking changes software within a team such GitHub or Team Foundation Server etc.
- The ability to learn new technologies and skills quickly
To be considered for this role, we are looking for candidates that have;
- A Degree and/or Diploma in Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 5-10 years overall experience with multiple IT platforms and languages, such as:
- It would be great if you also have:
- Mobile App Development experience.
- Experience working within a version control system, ideally Git and/or TFS.
- Demonstrated experience achieving success with multiple competing projects with conflicting timelines.
- Adaptability in the face of shifting priorities.
- Experience working on small and large scale development projects, including designing and implementing large-scale web and mobile-specific systems, including tier architectures.
- Systems architecture, design and development experience.
- Experience working with complex database concepts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up for the challenge, please contact us. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications as outlined in a cover letter and resume.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
Delvinia is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.
Delvinia is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Should you require additional accommodations to participate in our process, please contact email@example.com with your request, or to obtain additional information.