Careers at Delvinia
IT Specialist (2)
It's Nice to Meet You.
We are Delvinia, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at King and Peter streets. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing technology firms as recognized by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500program for the last three consecutive years. We specialize in consumer research data collection and research automation, through our automation platform: Methodify!
We are dedicated to providing researchers and insight professionals the ability to quickly gather and deliver high quality information about Canadian consumers. We do this by accessing our community of 1,000,000+ Canadians, through our AskingCanadians research community,
We take great pride in our culture, and are committed to each member of our team. We promote a culture of creativity, collaboration and execution – and consider ourselves a family. We offer personal and professional development opportunities and a close-knit team environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are currently looking for 2 (two) IT Specialists to join our team.
We are looking for someone who can join our team and hit the ground running. As a member of our information technology team, you will provide:
- Provide IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Active Directory administration and maintenance
- Provide support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Office suite, Teams, etc.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and RDP
- Continuous improvement of the internal knowledgebase with common IT issues.
- Monitoring and updating of Linux systems
- Assist in the installing, configuring and troubleshooting of printers, network devices and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Perform troubleshooting to determine and resolve the root cause of many hardware or software malfunctions at the desktop level.
- Ensure the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data and software files.
- Enhance team knowledgebase by assisting in documenting best practices, processes and procedures
- Be involved in projects and create new ideas for improvement of operations
Skills & Experience:
2 – 4 years working in the IT field
- A college diploma in IT Computer Systems or Networks or relevant experience is required. Higher accreditation (e.g. Bachelor of Computer Science) is an asset.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: communication skills, active listening
- Ability to diagnosis and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Security minded when executing all tasks
- Experience within an ISO27001 or SOC 2 certified organization would be an asset
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Audio / Visual Equipment / Conferencing Bridges / Webex etc
- DNS and different types of records
- Knowledge of DLP, SIEM, FIM and VM system would also be an asset
- French language skills would also be an asset
- Knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset
- Knowledge of Asterisk phone software would be an asset
- Knowledge of MacOS and iOS phone software would be an asset
- Basic programming skills would be an asset
- Team player!
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up for the challenge, please contact us. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications as outlined in a cover letter and resume.
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
Delvinia is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.
Delvinia is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Should you require additional accommodations to participate in our process, please contact us with your request, or to obtain additional information.