Careers at Delvinia
It's Nice to Meet You.
We are Delvinia, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at King and Peter streets. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing technology firms as recognized by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500program for the last three consecutive years. We specialize in consumer research data collection and research automation, through our automation platform: Methodify!
We are dedicated to providing researchers and insight professionals the ability to quickly gather and deliver high quality information about Canadian consumers. We do this by accessing our community of 1,000,000+ Canadians, through our AskingCanadians research community,
We take great pride in our culture, and are committed to each member of our team. We promote a culture of creativity, collaboration and execution – and consider ourselves a family. We offer personal and professional development opportunities and a close-knit team environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
In this role you will be developing, implementing and managing Delvinia’s Information Security Management System. This role is vital to cultivating our information security practices, educating employees, and implementing it into our company culture – where there is pride in our processes and our stance on data protection practices. This is a coveted opportunity to join a leading organization and one of the best teams in the market research industry.
As a Compliance Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with implementing appropriate compliance policies and procedures and ensure continuous improvement of our Information Security Management System
- Support the monitoring of the business’ compliance with relevant and applicable regulatory and policy requirements
- Support the business’ compliance with any contractual obligations
- Ongoing review of contract terms and coordination of contract renewals
- Provide guidance and recommendations on corrective actions or risk mitigation strategies and ensure proper implementation
- Perform risk assessment and risk treatment initiatives
- Manage the Information Security Management System repository and review cycle
- Conduct new hire compliance orientation training, quarterly awareness training, and coordinate the delivery of annual compliance training
- Maintain internal control logs and other compliance recordkeeping requirements
- Coordinate the annual and ongoing review and audit process of our information security management system
- Coordinate the preparation and publication of Delvinia’s compliance newsletter
- Stay up to date with regulatory developments, and interpret and apply across the Delvinia business
- Provide information security and privacy recommendations on projects
- Assist with compliance projects and programs as needed
- Manage 3rd party audits, security questionnaires and vendors risk assessment
- Bachelor’s degree coupled with a minimum 2 years of job-related work experience in compliance and/or risk management
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation, internal controls, policies and procedures
- High ethical standard – able to confidentiality handle sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with various levels of employees
- Ability to use sound judgement, problem-solving skills, and analytical skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, with the flexibility to deal with priorities
- Ability to coordinate and manage tasks and initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong proof-reading skills to produce error-free documents
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and interested in ongoing learning and professional development (including attendance of regulatory or educational conferences and seminars)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in SOC 2 auditing and experience with ISO 27001 would be preferred
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up for the challenge, please contact us.
We look forward to reviewing your qualifications as outlined in a cover letter and resume.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
Delvinia is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.
Delvinia is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Should you require additional accommodations to participate in our process, please contact us with your request, or to obtain additional information.