We are Delvinia, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at the corner of King and Peter streets. Delvinia is an innovation company. We identify, define and bring to market, next generation products, services and businesses. Since 1998, our growth and success have been driven by our user-centric approach, our entrepreneurial mindset, and the development of tech-enabled new business models that scale.
The Delvinia Group of Companies includes a successful portfolio of digital businesses – all of which are focused on helping our clients to collect and enable data in new and innovative ways. DCS, our Custom Solutions group, uses new and emerging technologies to help clients collect, visualize and enable data; AskingCanadians and AskingAmericans offer a range of data collection services to market researchers throughout North America, including access to an online research community of more than 600,000 Canadians; and Methodify, our research automation company, provides marketers with the ability to gain customer insights through an innovative online platform in as little as 48 hours.
We take great pride in our culture, and are committed to each member of our team. We promote a culture of openness, accountability and teamwork – and consider ourselves a family. We offer personal and professional development opportunities and a close knit team environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Web Application Developer to join our Development and Innovation team on a temporary contract.
- Serve as a technical expert.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs.
- Evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Offer technical support for upcoming product releases, including but not limited to, bug fixes and upgrades.
- Act as a resource of knowledge, bringing to the table different ways of doing things.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently and effectively.
- Be accountable for project results along with the assigned project team.
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle as they arise.
- Contribute ideas to improve company processes.
- Review existing code to find efficiencies and/or alternative solutions.
- Experience in Full-Stack development.
- Experience with a wide variety of environments and architectures.
- Knowledge of data modeling, database design, procedures and data querying.
- A good working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Worked within various SDLC processes with aggressive schedules.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to interface closely with operations and management.
- The ability to evaluate, document and translate requirements into technical designs.
- Are able to independently improve/create modules that conform to an existing application framework.
- An ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience with implementing, configuring and developing web services.
- Experience with MySQL / Microsoft SQL-Server or related relational database systems.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, especially as related to web technologies.
- Experience working with versioning and tracking changes software within a team such GitHub or Team Foundation Server etc.
- The ability to learn new technologies and skills quickly
- A Degree and/or Diploma in Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 10 years overall experience with multiple IT platforms and languages.
- Demonstrated experience achieving success with multiple competing projects with conflicting timelines.
- Adaptability in the face of shifting priorities.
- Experience working on small and large scale development projects, including designing and implementing large-scale web and mobile-specific systems, including tier architectures.
- Systems architecture, design and development experience.
- Experience working with complex database concepts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up for the challenge, please contact us. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications as outlined in a cover letter and resume.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
AskingCanadians is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.