AskingCanadians is currently looking for a Junior Database Analyst to join our team.
We are AskingCanadians, a Delvinia company and one of Canada’s fastest growing technology firms as recognized by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 program for the last three consecutive years.
Our team is transforming the way organizations collect consumer data by challenging the status quo in the research and marketing industries and applying new technologies in innovative ways, enabling companies to gain valuable insights.
Delvinia owns and operates a portfolio of innovative companies that offer a range of data collection services to marketers and market researchers across Canada, throughout North America, and around the globe. Our AskingCanadians business is dedicated to providing market researchers with the ability to quickly gather and deliver high quality information about Canadian consumers. We do this by accessing our research community of more than 1,000,000 Canadians.
We provide our clients, organizations of various size, with online data collection services. We offer survey programming and hosting on the Confirmit platform, online tools for testing rich media creative, one-on-one interviewing, custom recruitment and online panel management.
Our team believes in delving in and digging deep. Passion, patience, perseverance, perspective and people are our core values. We promote a culture of openness, authenticity and trust. We believe in being accountable, being committed to ongoing learning, and demonstrating excellence and leadership in all that we do. We consider ourselves to be a pretty formidable team with a close-knit work environment and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As a Junior Database Analyst for AskingCanadians, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing data for creating, running, and modifying sample jobs.
- Developing complex SQL queries using join operators, subqueries and correlated queries, functions, set operators, virtual tables and procedures for large datasets
- Performing data conversion, data cleansing, data masking, de-identification and encryption techniques
- Extracting data for feasibility studies, raw data pulls, sample pulls and data appends.
- Preparing data files in appropriate formats for client review and overseeing the quality of data deliverables
- Liaising with Sales, Project Managers, and Programmers on ad hoc data requests
We are looking for applicants with superior organizational skills and a high attention to detail. In addition, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Software Engineering, or related discipline with 0-2 years of work experience
- Experience with SQL-based database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL-based database management systems such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Proficiency with MS Excel functions and formulas including VLOOKUP or Index Match, pivot tables, conditional formatting, Logic functions and filter/sorting.
- Designing or Understanding data architectures (CDM/LDM/PDM).
- Knowledge or experience in data conversion, data cleansing, data masking, de-identification and encryption methodologies
- Knowledge or experience with data privacy legislation and database performance design best practices
- Demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information
- Comfortable working in a team and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Integrity, initiative and commitment to continuous learning
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with or knowledge of MS SQL and/or MongoDB is an asset
- Experience with online data collection, reporting and sampling
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up for the challenge, please contact us.
We look forward to reviewing your previous experience and qualifications as outlined in a cover letter and resume.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
AskingCanadians is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.
AskingCanadians is committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Should you require additional accommodations to participate in our process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, or to obtain additional information.