Employment type: Full-time, permanent
Delvinia is currently seeking an enthusiastic and results-driven individual to join the Marketing and Communications team as a Communications Manager.
Our team is transforming the way organizations collect consumer data. We are challenging the status quo in the research and marketing industries by applying new technologies in innovative ways, enabling companies to gain valuable insights – which, we believe, leads to better and more-informed business decisions.
At Delvinia, we own and operate a portfolio of innovative companies that offer a range of data collection services to marketers and market researchers across Canada, throughout North America, and around the globe.
Our AskingCanadians online data collection company provides access to an online research community or more than one million Canadians who have opted in to share their opinions; AskingAmericans provides a variety of data collection services in the US market; Delvinia Custom Solutions uses new and emerging technologies to help clients collect, visualize and enable data; and Methodify, our research automation company, provides the ability to gain customer insights through our one-of-a-kind online platform in a matter of hours.
Our team believes in delving in and digging deep. Passion, patience, perseverance, perspective and people are our core values. We promote a culture of openness, authenticity and trust. We believe in being accountable, being committed to ongoing learning, and demonstrating excellence and leadership in all that we do. We consider ourselves to be a pretty formidable team with a close-knit work environment and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As a Communications Manager, you will support the communications efforts to maximize the brand reach for Delvinia and its business units.
As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will develop and carry out proactive communications campaigns included, but not limited to, corporate announcements, executive positioning, new campaigns and events. You will also manage the company’s social media channels and assist in maintaining strong relationships with media outlets and journalists on an ongoing basis.
Key duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and execution of a communications strategy that supports the firm’s strategic objectives and revenue goals.
- Elevate the profile of Delvinia and it business units by securing media opportunities.
- Manage the development and production of communications materials to effectively represent the Delvinia brand and our products and services.
- Write, edit, and design communications materials including press releases, case studies, whitepapers, blogs, videos, webinars, product sheets, brochures, email marketing campaigns, etc.
- Provide communications expertise and advice to senior executives and business leaders in order to achieve business objectives through internal and external communications, including issues management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, industry influencers, and thought leaders.
- Oversee all aspects of social media communication, engagement, and content strategy; create content and manage social media channels.
- Liaise with all areas of the business to identify media opportunities and stories.
- Identify and secure speaking engagements.
- Assist in the preparation of speeches and presentations by the executive team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related discipline.
- 6+ years’ experience in communications.
- Effective communicator, able to synthesize information so that it tells a compelling story that resonates with target audiences.
- Strong written and oral communication skills paired with excellent proofreading ability.
- The confidence and ability to work alongside all levels of the organization, including the senior management team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Experience with PR and social media tools.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms and best practices, with a passion for staying current on communication, content, and social trends.
- Experience with creating documents using design tools like Photoshop and InDesign.
- Superior creative problem solving, strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you are up to the challenge, please contact us. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications as outlined in a cover letter and resume.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Some Things to Note
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
Delvinia is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.